Spatial Effects is the Portfolio of Wout Standaert.
I’m a freelance technical generalist and programmer in the fields of immersive media / VR, interactive installations, and motion design.
I have professional experience with:
- C# and the .NET framework, WPF
- Embedded software (C++, Arduino)
- Different kinds of microcontrollers (Arduino, ESP32, Teensy, …)
- EDA software like KiCad and Fritzing
- Blender 2.8+
- Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere
- Unity engine
- Cycling74 Max
- Virtual Reality
- 360 video production & postproduction
- JIRA, Scrum
Hit me up with awesome projects!
Where I’ve Worked
2019 - ...
Freelance, Spatial Effects
2018 - 2019
Travelling the world in a year-long sabbatical
2015 - 2018
VR generalist / Creative Developer at Fisheye
2014 - 2017
Lecturer in Game Design at the LUCA school of arts in the course 'Emergent Game Interfaces'
2009 - 2015
Interaction designer, Scrum product owner at SMS-Timing
2005 - 2009